SCALE 15xMarch 2-5, 2017 Pasadena, CA
The 15th Annual Southern California Linux Expo – SCALE 15X – will be held on March 2-5, 2017 at the Pasadena Convention Center in Pasadena, California, near Los Angeles.
SCALE 15X will have the following specialized tracks:
- Open Source in Enterprises – Both small businesses & large enterprises are adopting Open Source to reduce costs, for higher agility and improving quality. This will be the focus of this newly introduced track with an emphasis on on real world examples.
- Container and Virtualization – Containers have gained rapid popularity in the last year or so. This track will cover enhancements to Open Source virtualization with a special emphasis on container workloads. What are the best ways to manage and run containers? Examples of large scale deployments that have adopted containers as a primary mode of virtualization will be of special interest.
- Open Data – This newly introduced track will focus on topics related to Open Data in Science, Government, and other sources. This will strive to answer questions such as: Why does Open Data Matter? What are benefits of Open Data? What are the goals of the Open Data movement? What is its current status?
- Open Source Storage – Storage solutions based on Open Source software have been around for many years now. The maturity of these offerings and the continuous innovations will be the focus of this newly introduced track.
- Security – Given the tremendous popularity of this track introduced in 2015, we will continue to cover topics related to Open Source and security in this track.
Developer – This track coves a broad range of topics related to kernel, file system, and application development.
- Cloud – This caters to to topics related to various Open Source Cloud related projects including but not limited to OpenStack, Puppet/Chef/Ansible, Open Virtual Switch (OVS), Big Data platforms, etc.
- Next Generation – This gives the Free and Open Source community youth leaders of tomorrow and users of today, the opportunity to spotlight their talents and ideas. This track is open to potential speakers aged 18 years and under.
- Legal and Licensing – This track aims at educating and creating awareness on Open Source licensing and associated legal issues to be aware off when adopting or contributing to Open Source.
- Mentoring – This track presents an opportunity for community leaders and experts from a variety of projects to share the knowledge and experiences they have gained from their respective projects.
- Embedded – This track covers topics related to Open Source Embedded hardware & software. Possible topic areas include but not limited to: IoT, Drones, Connectivity, Sensors, Automotive, Networking equipment, FPGAs etc.
Featured speakers can be found here. The Foundation will be exhibiting. If you’re interested in attending, please use promo code “BSD” to receive 50% your registration.Back to Calendar
Join over 10,000 supporters that receive the latest FreeBSD Foundation news and updates.
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
NetApp proudly supports the FreeBSD Foundation and the community to fuel continued innovation and extend the reach of the software. FreeBSD is a foundational component of our clustered Data ONTAP storage operating system, which underpins our Data Fabric vision and drives our fast-growing AFF all-flash arrays. The success of the FreeBSD operating system and the overall program is important to us, as your success contributes to our success. Thank you.