March 7-10, 2019
The Linux Exposition of Southern California is proud to announce the 17th Annual Southern California Linux Expo – SCALE 17X – to be held on March 7-10, 2019 at the Pasadena Convention Center in Pasadena, California, near Los Angeles.
Below is a sample of just some of the tracks available at SCALE17X:
- Open Source in Enterprises – Both small businesses & large enterprises are adopting Open Source to reduce costs, for higher agility and improving quality. This will be the focus of this newly introduced track with an emphasis on on real world examples.
- Containers and Orchestrator – This track will cover container and container orchestration technologies, protocols, tools, and techniques, including Kubernetes, Docker, Apache Mesos and DC/OS, Istio, gRPC, Nomad, Etcd, Consul, containerized desktops, and many others. Additionally, the Container Day will include in-depth technical talks about internals and new developments in containers and container orchestration. Submissions to this track will be considered for both the track and the Container Day.
- Open Data – This track will focus on the use of Open Data, data sets that are freely, readily, and easily available to the public. Talks in this track will seek to answer such questions as: What can be done with Open Data? What are the societal implications of Open Data? What are some interesting questions that can be answered through the use of Open Data in science, government, education, or other fields? What are some specific techniques to manipulate these data sets?
- Security – Covering all topics in realm of open source security. These includeSecurity research, innovative security designs, cool tools, topical issues, “How to’s” to cost effective open source security solutions and everything in-between.
- Developer – This track coves a broad range of topics related to kernel, file system, and application development.
- Next Generation – This gives the Free and Open Source community youth leaders of tomorrow and users of today, the opportunity to spotlight their talents and ideas. This track is open to potential speakers aged 18 years and under.
- Mentoring – This track presents an opportunity for community leaders and experts from a variety of projects to share the knowledge and experiences they have gained from their respective projects.
- Embedded – This track covers topics related to Open Source Embedded hardware & software. Possible topic areas include but not limited to: IoT, Drones, Connectivity, Sensors, Automotive, Networking equipment, FPGAs etc.
The full list of tracks can be found here.
In addition, there will be general tracks covering a wide range of topics related to Free/Open Source Software (FOSS) and open hardware. You are invited to share your work on FOSS programs and open hardware projects with the rest of the community, as well as exchange ideas with some leading experts in these fields.
- 15 September, 2018: CFP Opens
- 31 October, 2018: Deadline for abstracts/proposals submissions
- 30 November, 2018: Last date for notification of acceptance
- 7 March, 2019: Conference starts
Find out more here.
Submission Deadline: October 31, 2018Back to Calendar