Where does your contribution go?
Donations that The FreeBSD Foundation receives are used for funding various activities to support the FreeBSD Project like:
- Development of software for FreeBSD to benefit the user and developer community, including contract development of critical system infrastructure, and porting of closed source applications such as Java(TM).
- Obtaining computers and other equipment for developers to use toward improving FreeBSD, such as the network performance cluster, FreeBSD.org cluster, and personal development systems for developers.
- Providing additional Internet infrastructure to aid in the development and distribution of FreeBSD.
- Support developer communication and coordination, including financial support for developer summits, conferences, and developer travel.
- Encouraging the formation of FreeBSD user groups.
- Cultivating press coverage and advertising the utility and availability of FreeBSD.
- Represent the FreeBSD Project in executing contracts, license agreements, copyrights, trademarks, and other legal arrangements that require a recognized legal entity.