Increasing FreeBSD Support12/15/2016
We’re halfway through the giving season! Thank you to everyone who has already donated to the Foundation. As we mentioned in the most recent newsletter, the updated #GivingTuesday stats show that you helped us raise $8400 in 24 hours! With the generous donation from What’sApp CEO and Founder, Jan Koum, the Foundation has reached 71% of our goal. This is where you come in. Please help us continue and grow our investment in The FreeBSD Project by donating today.
Your support will allow us to:
- Accelerate OS improvements, including employing our technical staff to maintain and improve critical kernel subsystems, add features and functionality, and fix problems. This also includes funding separate project grants like the arm64 port, blacklistd access control daemon, and integration of VIMAGE support, to make sure FreeBSD remains a viable solution for research, education, computing, products and more.
- Provide full-time release engineering support, resulting in timely and reliable releases.
- Provide outreach and advocacy for FreeBSD, which includes sponsoring many BSD and non-BSD conferences; sending FreeBSD contributors to these conferences; improving the new user experience; supporting work on creating curriculum to be taught in schools and universities; publishing the high-quality FreeBSD focused magazine, The FreeBSD Journal; and providing more informational and training material.
- Build and improve FreeBSD infrastructure to provide the latest technologies for testing and developing on the FreeBSD platform.
- Provide face-to-face opportunities like developer and vendor summits and company visits to help facilitate collaboration between commercial users and the Project, to help get changes pushed into the FreeBSD source tree, and to create a bigger and healthier ecosystem.
You, the FreeBSD Community, continue to inspire our efforts with your passion and commitment to the growth of the FreeBSD Project. Please help us make a direct impact on the Project by allowing us to continue and increase our support for the FreeBSD Project and community worldwide! Making a donation is quick and easy.
Thank you for your support!
The FreeBSD Foundation