Contest Alert: #DonatedtoFreeBSD “Post & Boast” – Extended11/02/2017
The FreeBSD Foundation has extended the#DonatedtoFreeBSD Post & Boast social media contest. Please help us increase FreeBSD awareness via social media, raise some funds, and elevate the FreeBSD community pride.
The contest now runs through #GivingTuesday, November 28, 2017. Prizes will be awarded to the most unique, inspirational, or creative photo. Contest details found below.
Let’s show off FreeBSD and help raise some money while we’re at it!
- Stuck one of the FreeBSD tattoos on your arms during a conference? Show it off and snap a photo of it!
- Hiking the Himalayas? Be sure to take a photo with a FreeBSD item in it.
- Noticed someone carrying the FreeBSD backpack while riding the subway? Click a photo of it because we’re running a contest that could land you one of three cool prizes!
- Minnowboard Turbot (donated by Netgate)
- Netgate SG3100 (donated by Netgate)
- Raspberry Pi 3 FreeBSD Demo Kit which includes: Raspberry Pi 3, Monitor, small keyboard, and SD Card
All you have to do is POST your photo along with a BOAST that you’ve donated using the hashtag: #DonatedtoFreeBSD
How does it work?
- Snap a photo that shows either the FreeBSD Foundation logo, “Proud Donor” button or any FreeBSD swag on a person, item, or in front of a cityscape or picturesque background. FreeBSD swag can be the FreeBSD sticker, Beastie doll, apparel, tattoo, bag, etc. The “Proud Donor” button can be used by simply printing out the image and taking a picture with it!
- Donate at least USD $20 to this link: https://www.freebsdfoundation.org/donate/
- Post your photo on social media and be sure include this hashtag: #DonatedtoFreeBSD
The FreeBSD Foundation will share your posts on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. The more unique, inspirational, or creative your photo is, the more likely you will win one of the prizes! At the end of the contest, winners will be announced via social media.
- Open for anyone to participate 18 years or older.
- Donations must be at least USD $20, in order to be entered into the contest.
- Please do not stick FreeBSD stickers on prohibited areas.
- Photos must not contain nudity or any lewd behavior.
- Winners will be informed via social media. Winners have 30 days to respond, in order to receive the prize. After 30 days, if the winner has not responded, the FreeBSD Foundation will select another winner.
- Prizes will be shipped to them after contest has ended.
The FreeBSD Foundation is a 501(c)(3), US based, non-profit organization dedicated to supporting and promoting the FreeBSD Project and community worldwide. Funding comes from individual and corporate donations and is used to fund and manage projects, fund conferences and developer summits, and provide travel grants to FreeBSD developers.